VP, Account Director
The VP, Account Director will be responsible for leading assigned account team and the resources they need to be successful within the account. The VP, Account Director will ensure seamless tactical execution and strategic integrity and it will be essential to train the assigned account team to understand and execute as well. The individual is responsible for development of ongoing business on their accounts and assisting with and identifying other new business development opportunities (organic growth).
8-12 years of account management experience in an advertising agency with significant Pharma and branding (positioning/launch) experience.
- Takes a lead role in fostering a partnership between planning and creative teams, resulting in strategic insight and vision that achieves client goals
- Excellent strategic thinking that aligns both strategy and tactics with the overall brand vision as well as the ability to create the underlying strategies for the brand
- Proven ability to manage programs across channels, with a strong focus on digital strategy and executions, including website development digital media (paid search, etc.) and mobile tactics.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment to develop and execute traditional and digital advertising/marketing strategies for clients in the healthcare space.
- Address conflict and celebrate successes, set clear team priorities, explain brands’ objectives and strategies, monitor progress and measurable outcomes
- Client’s brand champion, demonstrate business development acumen, bring a level of industry and therapeutic area knowledge unequaled inside or outside the client’s organization
- Engage with senior level clients and continue an ongoing relationship development
- Responsible for financial reporting, including month-over-month forecasting and accountability, maximizing profitability for his or her book of business, managing staff utilization and ensuring organic growth
- Leads the team in a manner that encourages, executes, and supports company ideals
- Enables and promotes confidence in both junior colleagues and peers
- Manage, coach and develop team members
- Monitor and evaluate the competitive landscape to prove senior level strategic insights
- Develop, author and present business plans
- Identify and proactively respond to needs that arise as well as lead longer term planning
- Possess a good foundation of knowledge of the category to which brands belong
- Appropriately interpret market research data into brand ideas
- Train, develop, and appropriately delegate to account team - encourage and provide growth and development to junior account management team.
- Develop and manage staffing plan to ensure appropriate resource allocation and utilization
- Oversee contract development and overall budget development and approval.
- Manage current tactical plan and SOW
- Serve as day to day contact for clients and account team
SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS – BACHELOR’S DEGREE REQUIRED
- Has achieved a level of business acumen and maturity to lead a team
- Possesses positive and inspirational qualities
- Strong understanding of digital trends, digital marketing, multichannel strategy and execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proven ability to multitask, handle stressful situations, and deadline pressures
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- We have a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental and vision coverage, participation in life, long/short term disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, free lunch program